About Alexei Belfer
Alexei Belfer is specialized in management of orthopedic, neurological and sports related injuries, postoperative and posttraumatic complications, post stroke rehabilitation.
The Greatest Buddhist and Spiritual Teacher of contemporary China, Hong Kong and Taiwan Master Nan Huai-Chin many times has honored Mr. Belfer with His Audience in Taihu Great Learning Center located in Miaogang, near Suzhou. Master Nan became Alexei's patient and gave him the confirmation of enlightenment and new Chinese name: Master of Medicine, who brings blessing/fortune – the highest award ever given to Western medical professional!
Masters of Science in Chemical Engineering, Tyumen Industrial Institute, Tyumen City, Russia 1976
1. Manual Therapy Training Course – Kurgan Scientific Research Institute for Experimental and Clinical Orthopedics and Traumatology (G.A. Ilizarov), Kurgan, Russia, 1977
2. Medical Massage Therapy – Regional Clinical Hospital, Chernivtsi City, Ukraine, 1979
3. Medical Massage Instructor Post-professional Training Course - Regional Department of Public Health, Chernivtsi City, Ukraine, 1984
4. Contactless/Energy Massage Training Course – Scientific Center of Innovative Methods of healing «JUNA», Moscow, Russia, 1989
5. Kenruck Therapy Course – The Kenruck Training Center, Wonsan, North Korea, 1990.
6. Chi-Kung/Qi Gong Training Course – Academy of Social Science, Shanghai University, Shanghai, China, 1990.
7. Herbal Medicine Course – The Institute of Phytotherapy, Plovdiv, Bulgaria, 1991.
8. Industrial Health and Safety Management Course, the College Of Staten Island, CUNY, Staten Island, New York, 1994.
9. Polarity Therapy – Academy of Natural Healing, New York, NY, 1998.
10. Myoskeletal Therapy Training Course – Freedom from Pain Institute, Oklahoma City, OK, 2006.
11. Neuromuscular Therapy & Advanced Deep Tissue Training Course – Institute for Integrative Healthcare Studies, Montgomery, NY, 2010.
12. Massage and Manual Therapy for Orthopedic Conditions, Orthopedic Assessment Course – Institute for Integrative Healthcare Studies, Montgomery, NY, 2012.
Founder of «BALM» - Balancing & Alignment Method.
In 1989, the first time in the history of Ukraine (at that time it was Soviet Union), Alexei Belfer, without medical degree, obtained a formal permission of Regional Department of Public Health to work as a manual therapist in Chernovtsy new Regional Railway Hospital.
Over the years 1989-1991 by the statistical data of the Department of Public Health, Alexei Belfer has cured more than 4000 patients.
Membership in professional associations:
• Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
• American Polarity Therapy Association
• Myoskeletal Therapy
• Classic Orthopedic Assessment Techniques and Neuromuscular Therapy &
Advanced Deep Tissue
• American Medical Massage Therapy Association
Professional licenses: New York and New Jersey State Massage, Bodywork and Somatic Therapy
BLS&AED for HCP American Heart Association Certified.
NJ Office: 511 South Orange Avenue, South Orange, NJ 07079
Manhattan Office: 315 Madison Avenue, Ste. 200, New York, NY 10017
Tel. (212) 867-0405
Fax. (212) 867-0409